Monday, January 17, 2011

・Green tea tiramisu ・

First of all, I want to say "Merry Christmas and happy new year" even it's been really late right now.


I also gone from my blog for a long time. No excuse. Just because of my laziness - -' .

Last Christmas I've made this treats for my friends and they all of it.
You guys can follow the instruction easily. I think this is quite a fuss-free tiramisu recipe.
The special thing is that it is grean tea tiramisu. I love green tea, especially when it's come in cold / creamy form and I don't drink coffee so this is the first time that I urge to try tiramisu recipe.

But what I don't quite happy with my tiramisu is the color of green tea I used.
It's dark green and make most people feel a bit worry that it would be some kind of fungus. ( ;´Д`)Sob sob...


Green tea tiramisu
Serve 10
Recipe from Okashi sweet treats made with love



Ingredients

Biscuit sponge 1 quantity (I used pre made lady fingers)

Mascarpone cheese filling

Egg yolks 40 g, about 2 eggs
Caster (superfine) sugar 70 g
Mascarpone cheese 250 g
Whipping cream (35% fat) 100 g
Egg whites 70 g
Grean tea powder 10 g + extra for dusting
Hot water 90 g


Direction

1. Prepared biscuit sponge (I skipped this step due to lady fingers that I used)
2. Prepare mascarpone cheese filling. Combine egg yolks and 30 g sugar in a bowl and beat until mixture thickens and becomes pale yellow in colour. Add mascarpone cheese and mix well.
3. Whip whipping cream in a chilled bowl until stiff peaks form. Add whipped cream to the mascarpone cheese mixture and fold through.
4. Make meringue. Place egg whites in a clean bowl and beat until foamy. Add remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks form and egg whites are glossy. Fold into mascarpone cheese mixture.
5. Place green tea powder in a small bowl and mix with hot water a little at a time. Stir until completely dissolved. Quickly dip both ends of each biscuit sponge (lady fingers) in the grean tea mixture. Then place in a medium serving dish such as a 27-cm oval dish, or into individual serving glasses.
6. Spread half of mascarpone cheese filling in a layer over soaked biscuit sponges (lady fingers). Dip more biscuit sponges into green tea mixture and place on top of mascarpone cheese layer.
Spoon over remaining mascarpone cheese filling.
7. Dust generously with green tea powder and refridgerate until required. Tiramisu can be kept refrigerated for up to 2 days.

Eat chilled and you will feel like youe are in the heaven, enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment