I haven't try to poach egg before and I thought it would be not so difficult.
I saw it many times in (cooking) comics and it's seems really easy. (Just throw eggs into water) And after I have join this challenge, I realize that, of course , it has to be that easy because they are not in real life. :D
And now it's time to show my (un)perfect poach. Haha...
I decided to combine my poached egg with spaghetti again.
And this time it's quite different because this spaghetti is sweet.
It might feel strange at the first time but I think the taste is smoother along the way.
Again, I used recipe from my favorite "Pasta Pasta" book.
Capellini 50 grams
Boiling water 1.5 Liter
Salt 1 tablespoon
(Synthesis salt 2/3 tablespoon)
Mozzarella 30 grams
Ripe tomato 1
Basil 4-5 leaves
Olive oil 1 tablespoon
Sugar 1 tablespoon
Salt 1/4 teaspoon
Pepper to taste
Olive oil 2 tablespoons
Poached egg 1
Pepper to taste
I. Poach egg
Eggs (size is your choice)
Splash of vinegar (for poaching)
- Add salt and a splash of vinegar (any kind will do). I added about a tablespoon of vinegar to my small saucepan (about 3 cups of water/720 ml of water), but you may need more if you’re using a larger pan with more water.
- Crack eggs directly into the very gently simmering water (or crack first into a bowl and gently drop into the water), making sure they’re separated. Cook for 3 minutes for a viscous but still runny yolk.
In this book, it also suggest another way to poach egg by using instant noodle cup by put egg (with shell) in the cup. Pouring hot water about 8 part of the cup, cover with foil and wait for 25 minutes.
But I didn't try this method because I don't have any instant noodle cup. But I think I should keep some to make this experiment next time.
- Rubbing mozzarella and knead it to square shape size 1.5 c.m. Cut tomato into square shape size 1 c.m. Leave core and seeds. Coarsely chop basil and combine all 3 ingredients with A ingredients. Stir.
- Put salt in boiling water, break half of capellini and put it in the pot.
Boil as long as suggested and bring to cold water. Drain.
- Combining cooked capellini with olive oil and mix with mozzarella mixture in the first bullet. Mix well.
- Bring to plate. Put poached egg on top. Serve.